Rattlesnake Info

Topics related to the Virginia Championship Hare Scramble Series (VCHSS).

Moderators: T.J. Greer, Moderator

Rattlesnake
Class Champion
Class Champion

Rattlesnake Info

#1 Postby Rattlesnake » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:40 am

Well! The big difference this year is it's actually going to be a very nice weekend. Trail conditions are about as good as I have ever seen them. For the latest updates check us out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/Rattlesnakegp/
I could really use a good year so come on up! This is an open flowing course with some short single track for 8:30/10:45 events and quite a bit more for the 1:30 event.
Friday
Gate Opens 3pm-12am
Saturday
Gates Open 8am
Sign-up opens 11am
Fun-Ride starts 1pm
(Any Dirt Bikes Riding Outside of the Designated Fun-Ride Course will Be Disqualified from Sunday’s event!!!) You can still walk and mountain bike it.
Fun-Ride ends 3pm
Sign-up Closes 3pm
Horizon Practice Opens 3pm
Horizon Practice Closes 4pm
Gates Close 12am
Sunday
Gates open 7am
Sign-up opens 7am
8:30 Event 6.5 miles/4 laps
10:45 Event 6.5 miles/5 laps
1:30 Event 7.5 miles/6 laps
Full Service concessions open all weekend.
RULES
Armbands are the only way we have of knowing you paid and signed the insurance release at the gate. Either have it, or be prepared to buy another one. ARGUING with gate staff is useless, they are following instructions!
Over the last couple of years Rattlesnake has been featured in numerous “kids-gone-wild” episodes. Please make sure your kids know not to be throwing things around the building, climbing on equipment, the rafters in the bathrooms etc. This is the last chance this year, next year means porta-johns if we can’t solve this.
Pit area will be closed to everyone by dark.
NO BICYCLES inside the chain link fence area around sign-up, bathrooms and concessions and certainly NO MOTORCYCLES! We have had someone ride both into the bathrooms.
Vandalism. Landowner has NO tolerance for this. Keys have been taken from track vehicles, toilets filled with rocks, concessions window was slid back and candy was stolen. Also custom banners have been stolen off the course. Anyone that is responsible will be asked to leave the property. You will not compete in Sunday’s event.
Quiet time is 10pm. Need all minors back to camping area please.
Peery Brown
276-620-0400

race613
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Rattlesnake Info

#2 Postby race613 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:24 pm

Please help Perry out on the "kids gone wild" tour . It's nice to have rest rooms not porta John's . And it's hard enough to find places to allow us to race and have fun at . I know as CVTR VP ..
race613
CVTR

Rattlesnake
Class Champion
Class Champion

#3 Postby Rattlesnake » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:06 pm

Anyone that wants to stay and camp a little longer after Sunday's race is welcome to.
Peery Brown
276-620-0400

Big G
Holeshot Award Winner
Holeshot Award Winner

#4 Postby Big G » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:14 pm

I'm with you RACE613. The Rattlesnake track has the best bathroom and food facilities of any of our tracks (although I have to say I really like that Pizza truck that shows up at some of the races!). It's a real shame that a couple of people could ruin this for the rest of us. 'Fun' for some isn't always 'Fun' for others. From the Peninsula Trailriders standpoint, I'm sure our club members would agree that if persons performing the acts like Peery mentions are ever caught at any track, they will not be welcomed to any event our club promotes.

Our crowd at the Peninsula this year was excellent and believe me when I tell you that makes the landowner happy and makes all of us as motorcyclists look good. As someone who helps promote a race, it's always a good feeling when a landowner makes a compliment about our crowd. Not such a great feeling when there's a problem!

For the upcoming weekend, weather looks to be good and temperatures look to be great. Typically this course is welled marked and should be fun for everyone. If you've never been to the Rattlesnake or have only been there when it rains, this may be the weekend you don't want to miss. See ya' this weekend.

Good Riding,
'big' George
'big' G

robd900
Class Champion
Class Champion

#5 Postby robd900 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:40 am

I am there. Gonna try and beat Peery at his own track :D

Live engine starts I assume?
The voices in my head were arguing over who would be me today

Rattlesnake
Class Champion
Class Champion

#6 Postby Rattlesnake » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:59 pm

robd900 wrote:I am there. Gonna try and beat Peery at his own track :D

Live engine starts I assume?

YES lIVE ENGINE!!
Beating me should not be hard. I have not even taken a lap yet, other than the rhino
Peery Brown
276-620-0400

SXF-er
Trail Cutter
Trail Cutter

#7 Postby SXF-er » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:25 pm

Any weather/rain updates available ?.it's been kind of sloppy with off & on rain here in Meadows of Dan for the last couple of days.trying to make a tire decision !.Thanks !

Return to “VCHSS Forum”