XR Bill Turns His Last Lap

Here the 40+ crowd can tell tall tales before and after every VCHSS event!

Moderators: T.J. Greer, Moderator

Grayman
Grand Champion
Grand Champion

XR Bill Turns His Last Lap

#1 Postby Grayman » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:10 am

Our old buddy Bill Novak has passed. Beth asked me about him today so I did a quick search and found the following link. http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignit ... FHID=11639

Bill rode with us in the senior/ super senior class for several years and was a great competitor. He was usually faster than me but we did have one epic battle at Dillwyn one year. There was a huge bottleneck less than a mile from the start and Bill and I were the only ones in our class that got through it without delay. We raced the entire race within sight of each other, trading the lead more times than I can remember.

ALS forced Bill to trade two wheels for four but he continued to follow our racing exploits in the results and on this board. ALS is a terrible disease so I'm glad Bill no longer has to fight that battle. He's now watching over us from a much more pleasant place. I miss you, buddy. RIP XR Bill.
Trent Burkholder
911 50+B
"I didn't get here on speed"

impound
Class Champion
Class Champion

Re: XR Bill Turns His Last Lap

#2 Postby impound » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:22 am

I always enjoyed reading those XR Bill race reports. Inspired me to do my own with the photos a couple years ago. RIP
Mike Pound
Support: Smokey, Cullop's Import, MuddMART, Leatt, EKS, Pro Taper, Braven, Acerbis, Braking, DT1 Filters, Motul, Shorai, #Hookit

2009 KTM 276 XC-F

Michael Patsell
Holeshot Award Winner
Holeshot Award Winner

#3 Postby Michael Patsell » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:57 pm

RIP XR Bill,I enjoyed racing against and with him.

Team Yaway
Grand Champion
Grand Champion

#4 Postby Team Yaway » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:22 pm

Thank you Trent for the update. I was wondering about XR Bill. I had the honor of meeting him briefly on a day he came out to watch us race (I think at Action Town). He shared a few chuckles over fond memories of his racing days, which included you. It was easy to see that he was a quality guy with a deep peace about him. My condolences to his family. From what I gathered from him and his obit, he's in a lot more paradise than we are.
Moses (Mo) Quiñones 5U
A big thanks to Travis Jones of Go Race for getting me into this sport.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."
Journal entry of Jim Elliot on Oct. 28th 1949

Return to “Senior's Lounge”